2010 - what a year it will be

Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Thanksgiving - '08

There are lots to give thanks for in 2008. Family, school, friends, cell & ministry. I'll mention just these 5 main topics in summarized form.


Family
Thankful for the extended time of schooling to just spend time @ home even if words are not spoken @ times. On most occasions, the mere presence @ home is enough to make one's parents happy. And to them for providing whatever i ever needed. The lord has bless me lots through my parents, which I'm grateful for.

School
Sure glad it's over. Yet it been a special time in life, not entirely about learning what's been taught the past years books wise but life as a whole and what are the important things to chase after and maintain. Thank the Lord for the many friendships that grew especially with various groups of friends the past year. Learning to overcome failures and setbacks and moving on and persevering to reach the end goal has been good lessons to undergo. The lord has brought me through this phase of life, it's been an unique journey the last few years.

Friends
A great year indeed to maintain and move deeper into friendships with the usual gang, spending time together, encouraging and spurring one another onwards in our own individual lives. Despite the time and distance constraint @ times, the Lord has been blessing me lots through each unique person that I've known 8 yrs and counting now(and of course, some of you whom I've known for around 3-4 years already). And many thanks as well to the many new friendships God has helped me built upon, it's been a wonderful time of getting to know those I see week in week out a lot better other than the usual Hi's and Bye's procedure.

Cell
A learning experience filled with its own ups and downs. Thankfully, more ups with the occasional downs to keep oneself in check with reality. Throughout the year, it's been a excellent journey alongside everyone else. God has blessed me lots from the lives of those around me.

Ministry
A whole new ball game! Interesting year where one gets to know even more people better and across the generations as well. I thank the Lord for my class, that every Sunday spent with them have been a blessed time of knowing both the children and God as well. And the children camp itself, a fantastic experience of working with people from another church. A year where I learn to give to ministry 1st my time and energy before every other person/thing as well as been able to learn and grow despite the constant absence from services.

2008 - Life in a nutshell


No comments: